SECURITY CASEROOM, GF AIM CONFERENCE CENTER MANILA
BPO companies are inherently with sizeable manpower and are constantly confronted with labor-related impediments. They are constantly trying to be step ahead when it comes to sustainable human resource development and labor relations, lest they risk being subject to labor regulation penalties.
A. What you will learn This two-day learning session aims to provide BPO companies with the knowledge that will protect them from potential labor-related legal complications. At the end of the learning session, the participants will have a clear understanding of Philippine labor standards as it applies to BPO businesses, as well as be able to understand the key labor issues related to rights of workers to form unions and engaging and disengaging from employees.
B. About the Speaker: Atty. Emerico “Rico” DeGuzman is a senior partner at ACCRALaw, one the country’s top law firms. He specializes in conciliation, mediation and arbitration of labor and employer disputes. He has extensive knowledge of business process outsourcing, including the preparation, review and audit of outsourcing arrangements and service level agreements. He also has vast experience advising clients on the labor aspects of mergers and acquisition and privatization plans.
Atty. De Guzman completed his Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from the University of the Philippines in 1977 and obtained his Bachelor of Laws degree from the same university in 1982. He also attended the Academy of American and International Law, Center for American and International Law in Dallas/Plano, Texas, USA in 2005. He is the author of the Philippine chapter of the Handbook on Global Recruiting, Screening, Testing and Interviewing Criteria (published by Kluwer Law International/International Bar Association), the Philippine Chapter of the Guide to International Labor and Employment Law (published by Lexis Nexis/Littler Mendelson Global) and the Philippine chapter of Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secrets in Employment Law (published by the American Bar Association.
C. Who should attend? This learning session is extremely valuable to human resource leaders and practitioners of BPO companies. It is also valuable to anyone who has a keen desire to understand the subject matter that may belong to other BPO business units such as: legal, operations, or even senior executive management.
D. Learning investment
CCAP Members : Php 8,000 +VAT
Non-CCAP Members : Php 12,000 +VAT
E. Reservation Instructions
1. Email your accomplished registration form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
a. Name of participant/s (First name, Middle initial, Surname)
b. Company name
c. Position Title
2. You will receive an email response confirming your reservation.
3. A statement of account will be delivered to your billing address once it is available.
F. Payment Instructions
1. Check payment is valid only if the payment transaction is made within the Philippines.
2. Check payment should bear the following information:
a. Payee: Contact Centers Association of the Philippines
b. Peso Account Number: 2080158976 c. Depository bank is Banco De Oro, Ayala Avenue-People Support Branch.
3. The participant may deposit the check payment at any Banco De Oro bank branch.
4. For PEZA registered companies, submit a certification together with the payment.
G. Confirmation of Registration
1. Email a scanned copy of the deposit slip to email@example.com.
2. You will receive an email response confirming your registration.
H. On-site Payment
1. Check payment may also be received on the day of the learning session (May 4).
2. Please note, though, that participation will be subject to availability of slots if payment is made on this day.